1. How would you relate our past & present fashion trends?
Old Fashion are coming back, we keep taking the previous trends reinventing and innovating from time to time. Honestly, no trend ever dies. It just disappears for some time and when we get bored from the on-going fashion, we bring back the old.
2. How comfortable are you while working with models & other designers?
I am usually comfortable with all models, specially who are willing to work with me because they appreciate my designs. When someone feels honored to be wearing what you have created, its always a pleasure and ease working with them.
3. How would you deal with an arrogant client?
Patience is the key to deal with arrogant clients. I also make it very clear to them about my deliverables so I don’t have to debate with them later.
4. How would you describe your personal style?
I like to appear elegant and graceful. I love wearing sarees, it’s the most elegant drape on an Indian woman’s body. I also tend to experiment with modern silhouettes, indo western fusions and in my working period, I mostly comfortable in denims.
5. Where do you want to see yourself in next ten years?
In the next 10 years, I want to see myself being the first choice partner for all consumers who appreciate couture and artistic fashion in the global market.
6. What do you consider the important facts of the fashion industry?
Fashion Industry is a monopolistically driven sector, the consumers are prudent when it comes to trying out newly launched products in the market. Also it is hard for the new talents to make a mark in the industry on the basis of just their work. However, there are some organisations who are trying to change that but it is still majorly nepotism.
7. What do you think about work ethics and what kind of ethics you believe in while working?
There are a few strict ethics that I follow when it comes to fashion industry,
· I believe in being honest with my clients and deliver them with quality products.
· I have a calm and jovial environment at my office, I make sure I listen to the needs of my team and help them grow with me.
· Teamwork is an important factor in any business, I have a supportive team at work and we together brainstorm
· And come up with ideas that help creating our collections.
· We encourage zero wastage of resources, fabrics threads, paper etc. We make it essential that we waste zero fabric when we are making a garment, whatever is left we use it in other garment or use small patches and sew them together for a mix and match design. We also cut down the use of paper wherever we can.
· We make sure we do not use any such materials that cause harm to animals or environment like fur, plastic and synthetic materials.
8. What kind of softwares do you use while designing?
I mostly focus on handwork, we have hand made embroideires, hand made paintings and the haute couture dresses are hand stitched.
9. What skills are necessary for a successful fashion designer?
Fashion designing is art and math. Not everyone who comes out of a fashion college can become a successful designer; it takes immense amount of creativity, technical knowledge and innovation. You are basically a scientist who has to invent and reinvent using textile art, fabric manipulation, colors, silhouettes etc and merge them in such a way that you create something so extraordinary which will make people wonder how you do it.