‘Punctuality, honest and commitment is the key to success’
1. How did you initially break into fashion industry as a choreographer?
It all started back in 2008. One of my friend invited me to direct a fashion show in their University. I went there and groomed them for the show. I also choreographed the show. The show turned out to be a huge success. From there I got call to choreograph a show organize by the ALEX group. That show was another success. From then I started to work for renowned companies such as BAT, Mirror, Tutli Rahman ets. Now I am doing regular shows.
2. You’ve worked with some extremely talented & famous models? What was most memorable about experiences?
I do shows frequently inside and outside of the country. But If I want say to say about my most memorable show that should be “Citycell Presents Glamor World” Where I had worked with 28 top models from our country. The show was a huge success and I still cherish those memories.
3. What was it like to work with Mercedez-benz in Doha & indian fashion week, London?
I did not participated in that show. But I worked in Different Shows in different country like India, Sri-lanka, Bhutan and Nepal. Those experiences were very good. I learned a lot and achieved a lifetime experience.
4. What live performance project has been your favorite so far?
My best live performance project was at the “Colombo fashion Week in 2013” where I was the only fashion designer from our country who participated as a young talent alongside top designer around the world.
5. How do you balance your work with your downtime?
Punctuality, honest and commitment is the key to success for me. I belief one must have a specific goal and from the bottom of the heart he have to work for it. I divide my time and work according to achieve my goal.
6. What’s your favorite way to relax?
Hanging out with friends, traveling and Designing.
7. What do you wear when you are working?
I try to be Comfortable at my work. So I try to ware casual dress with innovative styling by me.
8. What advice you give to aspiring choreographers?
First of all try gather knowledge about this field. Many thinks that there is nothing to study. It’s totally wrong concept. From a chirographers perspective you must have to know all there is about fashion. May be not all but as much u can. With those knowledge do your work with sincerity, Commitment and most importantly, punctuality. Inshallah Success will be yours.