Polina Argyrou: Her dream is to become a successful designer
POLINA ARGYROU is an Owner/Designer at POLINA ARGYROU ATELIER. Born in Limassol of Cyprus, She studied fashion design and production in Patra where she completed her second bachelor. Studies DEPARTMENT OF CLOTHING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY in Thessaloniki she continued her by the side of the designer Aslanis for one year.
In October 2011, she organized Aslanis’ fashion show at the fashion week. In October 2012, she did her own show in Athens exclusive Designers Week with the name “margonetes”.
She became independent when she made her first show in August 2012. The collection has strict lines which at the same time flatters the female body.
During her studies in Thessaloniki has participated several times as dresser at the backstage of MED fashion show and NASSOS’ bridal collection.
Her dream is to become a successful designer and store owner with collections for all styles and ages.
Her conversation with Daily Mail24’s international desk reporter Saif Rahman Sozib are as follows:
- How would you relate past & present fashion trends?
Fashion trends are recycled through the years and I follow them but I always add my personal touch in them
2. How comfortable are you working on hands with model &other designers?
I’m fully comfortable working with other models. Although I only worked with designers a couple of times during fashion shows or fashion week.
3. How would you deal with an arrogant client?
I faced arrogant customers quite sometimes and I handled the occasion with patience and understanding.
4. Where do you see yourself in next ten years?
In the upcoming years, I hopefully see myself having a successful brand in the fashion industry.
5. What do you consider the important facts of the fashion industry?
I believe the most important facts are being creative and creating unique and quality clothes.
6. What do you think about work ethics and what kind of ethics you believe in following while working with fashion?
Work ethics are the core of every business and the most important factors. valuable and appreciated work ethics, in my opinion, are dependence cooperation teamwork, positive attitude, and respects.
7. What kind of software do you use while designing, if no, then also be frank?
I do not use any software while designing because I prefer drawing them by hand because I can show customers samples that are personal custom made to cover the needs of each customer.
8. What skills according to you are necessary for a successful fashion designer?
Critical traits of a successful fashion designer in my opinion are being creative and artistic having a good eye for details strong visualization skills, to follow fashion trends and to have a nice personal style.