I’m doing the same thing as an actor in a different twist: Noel Tokuhisa
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m professionally a show dancer.
2. How would you describe what you do?
I’m an entertainer I work as a show dancer at a leading entertaining theater in Osaka Japan.
3. What does your work entail?
My work entails performing for different genres of music like contemporary, jazz and Asian pop numbers.
4. What’s a typical work week like?
I work only 4times a week from 6.30pm to 1 am it could be so busy week with lots of rehearsals.
5. How did you get started?
In the beginning, I was a hairdresser but the passion for dancing made me choose this profession because isn’t it great to do what you like most as your job.
6. What do you like about what you do?
It’s a great platform to show your talent, to be your self and to make friends from around Japan and also around the world and connect with different people and exchange a lot of experience between people.
7. What do you dislike?
Actually, I have nothing that I dislike about my career I really love dancing so I will never dislike, but just one thing sometimes the hectic schedule it could be crazy other than that I really love my job.
8. How do you make money or how are you compensated?
I get paid for what I do.
9. What skills are needed to do this?
The passion and talent and also patience.
10. what is most challenging about what you do?
The most challenging thing would be is how sick or how tired you be if your schedule you have to show up and how tired or sick you are you be please take on stage, but still when you see the how happy the audience is you feel better.
11. what is most rewarding?
You can really connect with so many people and exchange so many things and also so many chances.
12. What advice would you offer someone considering this career?
It looks very easy but it takes lots of passion and love on what’s in it if you really don’t like what you do it will never express as a great play so be passion and patient if you choose this job.
14. How much time off do you get?
I’m off 3times a week.
15. what else would you like people to know about your career?
Don’t just judge what you see every career has a hard part so even my career has it we have to be very strong inside.
16. what is a common misconception people have about what you do?
Sometimes they think to perform in a stage and doing it as a career as a bad thing, but this is what I’m happy and I’m doing the same thing as an actor in a different twist.