Hard work, Passion & Creativity that’s all about Supermodel Rashmi Buntwal
Born in Southern India, Supermodel Rashmi Buntwal has worked for leading brands, magazines & designers, In the year 2016, she was crowned as The Queen of Eurasia third runner-up which was held in Istanbul. She has represented India in Top International Model of the World in 2016 & won the title of The Most Photogenic model. She won the title of Miss Tourism International (2017) held in Greece.
Her willingness to learn, dedication, discipline & most importantly the love for her job & finding joy & the creative satisfaction she gets from giving her best, is what she believes keeps her going. Her conversation with fashion reporter of international online portal Daily Mail 24 are as follows:
1. What do you do for a living?
– I’m a fashion & commercial model by profession.
2. How would you describe what you do?
-My work requires me to bring to life the creative ideas that have been planned upon by a team of professionals and project that on screen showcasing and highlighting the advertised products or designs and at the same time add exclusivity to it by adding my personalized touch.
3. What does your work entail?
-It requires me to keep fit, maintain a healthy lifestyle, be immaculately groomed at all times and have proper knowledge and understanding of how to go about my job and deliver the best results
4. What’s a typical work week like?
-Usually, the schedules are long and very demanding. It requires a lot of travel and long work hours. An outdoor schedule can totally drain you out if proper measures to avoid that are not taken care of. On free days I like to rest and rejuvenate myself.
5. How did you get started?
– I was spotted outside my college by the Femina team and I remember I had my exams going on at that time & I did an editorial shoot for them after giving my exams. Later on, I realized I enjoyed being in front of the camera. I took part in a local pageant won it n assignments started pouring in!
6. What do you like about what you do?
– I’m in awe of the creativity & strategizing it takes to put together a suitable team of professionals n realizing a campaign shoot. Everything n everyone is interconnected & it requires teamwork & coordination to complete a project. Modelling is one of the most important aspects of the shoot as it decides the final outcome and that gives me a sense of satisfaction n pride in what I get to do!
7. What do you dislike?
– Nothing to be honest! I feel it’s one of the best professions to be in and I get to work at my own pace & choose which assignments I would like to be a part of and when. There’s no monotony here & every project is different n exciting!
8. How do you make money or how are you compensated?
– We charge fees according to the number of work hours required, usually, a full day work comprises around 8 to 9 hours and also the number of days that are booked in total including travel.
9. What skills are needed to do this?
– Apart from being presentable one also needs to understand the industry in totality, get to know how things work, and know exactly how to present it on screen. Sometimes it hardly takes a few minutes instead of hours in front of the camera if u understand what exactly is required. I always make it a point to ask the photographer or the client as to what exact expressions r required from me and then do it in my own way so that I don’t waste everyone’s time
10. What is most challenging about what you do?
– Personally, for me, I find the hectic outdoor schedules n travels n shooting in extreme temperatures most challenging. Looking pretty n happy when your feeling miserable on the inside is challenging!
11. What advice would you offer someone considering this career?
– The final outcome, when u see that all the hard work has paid off is not only rewarding but also inspires u to do better n better each time n is a motivational factor too.
12. How much time off do you get?
-Since I get to choose my assignments I get to decide when I would like an off n when I would like to work my ass off. So it sometimes depends on my mood. Usually, I prefer taking up max 2 assignments per week.
13. What else would you like people to know about your career?
– I have a Masters degree in International Finance. I have taken part in a couple of international pageants n won titles as the most photogenic model in the top model of the world2016, queen of Eurasia third runner-up 2016 n Miss Tourism International in 2017. I have also worked Internationally n bagged contracts in different countries. I also volunteer at animal shelters when I’m free.
14.what is a common misconception people have about what you do?
– Most feel it’s all about being pretty & that’s where the job ends! Let me tell you that it takes as much hard work, intelligence, perseverance, confidence, strong will as any other job! A pretty face need not be a successful model &you don’t exactly need to be pretty to be one! And that says it all!