Alex Holliman – Farrierbell Couture
1. How would you describe your designs to someone who has never seen them?
Show-stopping old Hollywood glamour.
2. What are you most looking forward to for Paris City Fashion Week?
Fulfilling one of my lifelong dreams of showcasing my brand, Farrierbell Couture, during Paris City Fashion Week.
3. How can we follow your showcase for Paris City Fashion Week?
Follow my Instagram @farrierbell_couture social media page.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from?
My greatest inspiration comes from fashion designer Bob Mackie, and his most iconic designs from the 60’s.
5. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
One highlight is being globally recognized for my superb contribution to the global fashion industry.
6. Who has been your favorite person to work with so far, and why?
I am extremely passionate about my work, so I could never pinpoint just one person as my favorite. I truly appreciate everyone from my clients, fashion models, wardrobe stylists, and celebrities.
7. What is your favorite piece that you’ve designed so far (photo’s please!), and what is so intriguing about it?
During my NYFW fittings, I had the honor of meeting a model that inspired me, and I didn’t think any of the garments were suitable for her energy. So, overnight, I created this show stopping bright yellow gown that still is the talk of the town.
8. Is there a milestone you must determine that you’ve made your wildest dreams come true? What is it?
When Farrierbell Couture collections are sold in major retail stores worldwide, then I would have achieved the ultimate milestone.
9. Is there an exact moment you have of when you knew you were meant to be a designer?
After my very first fashion show in 2004, I saw how fashion impacted people, and I knew I was meant to be a fashion designer.
10. What country are you based out of?
United States of America
11. What can we look forward to in 2021?
In 2021/2022, you can expect to see Farrierbell Couture expanding into eyewear, fragrances, and accessories.