Troy Anthony: I channel my inner romantic side for this collection
1. How would you describe your designs to someone who has never seen them?
Bold yet sophisticated, mature with the subtlety of sexiness. From the draping to the bias cuts and various textures used in our collections it often pairs these traits with classic. Additionally, I strive to solve common fashion issues my clients often face:
My use of color empowers our clients through our designs while elevating their sense of style.
• Innovative style that Accentuating body positivity
• Innovative style that accentuates body positivity
• I consider myself “Troy Anthony” – Master of Draping, I understand a women’s body
and how the fabric falls on the body. From bias cuts to pleating and gathering, I have the
ability to sculpt fabric on the body like no other. I believe draping is an art form I consider myself a fashion sculptor.
2. What are you most looking forward to for Paris City Fashion Week?
Sharing the Troy Anthony brand with the European market. This is a wonderful opportunity to show the Parisian market segment how I marry my American fashion style with European-cut tailoring.
I am looking forward to this opportunity to work with European artists and designers who may have a different perspective. It’s a great chance to collaborate with amazing fashion contributors from a variety of backgrounds and diverse ethnicities which may lead to future collaborations and opportunities.
3. How can we follow your showcase for Paris City Fashion Week?
I invite you to visit my website TroyAnthony.com where you can learn more about my brand and design aesthetic. And, the why behind all that I do. Also, my social media:
• IG: TroyAnthonyFashion
• FB: troyAnthony
• Twitter: troyanthony81
• TikTok: TroyAnthonyFashion
4. Where do you draw inspiration from?
I draw my inspiration from fabrics and their textures. I envision how it makes the body feel. I can look at a fabric or textile and already see what I want to create from it.
To me, the solar system and outer space are captivating I pull inspiration from the different
colors of each planet.
• On a recent to trip Tulum, I was immersed in the Mayan culture. I was struck by the various sculptures and ancient art based on the artifacts and vintage pieces.
5. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Helping others look their best and dress for success. It is a priceless and satisfying feeling
when a client is wearing your designs and looking their absolute best. Additionally, I have
been honored to have:
• Shown my designs at NYFW on 5
th Ave in New York City on a global stage.
• Opened a flag-ship store in Connecticut, U.S.A
• Created designs that provide fashion solutions such as my line of undergarments and
6. Who has been your favorite person to work with so far, and why?
David Tupaz for sure. I had the honor to share the same runway with him. We have shown our work at more than five fashion shows. He has helped me understand Asian & Filipino cultures and his influence is truly amazing. David has dressed Hollywood celebrities including Lucy Liu. I do enjoy working with other talented fashion designers from around the world. The comradery and inspiration we derive from one another are invaluable.
7. What is your favorite piece that you’ve designed so far (photos please!), and what is so intriguing about it?
My Green Goddess dress! I hand beaded part of the dress. It looks sculpted on the body and gives an abstract, nude illusion. The material is seductive and makes the wearer feel sexy and classy. It is definitely a red-carpet showstopper! Together, the green and nude give off a powerful sense of feminity. I have inspired by an Italian sculpture called, Veiled Female Nude by Emilio Fiaschi, who was known for polished skin and liked to emphasize the curves of hips and waistlines. It is artistic in the way I placed the printed beaded design.
8. Is there a milestone you have to determine that you’ve made your wildest dreams come
true? What is it?
When stores/boutiques are carrying/selling your designs across the world. When I’m in demand and celebrities are wearing and raving about my designs. I enjoy dressing my clients in my fashion and bringing creations alive. Seeing their reactions and the feedback they get from those around them as being the best dressed makes my heart full. And, when I’m able to have a flagship store, Troy Anthony design house with a fashion studio showroom where clients can visit and immerse themselves in the Troy Anthony experience!
9. Is there an exact moment you have of when you knew you were meant to be a designer?
Yes. While in high school, I was named best dressed. Also, when I set fashion trends during
those years and others started to look to me for fashion advice. Even my mother and other
women would ask for my advice on what to wear and how should they wear it. These instances were a big part of the realization that fashion was my forte.
10. What country are you based out of?
New York, NY U.S.A.
11. What can we look forward to in 2021?
Bold colors help accentuate a women’s shape and make her feel the epitome of confidence.
Intricate print designs cut strategically to help define a women’s body while camouflaging areas she might not want to downplay. Romantic fairytales do come true in my design world.
• Classic tailoring
• Enhanced shoulders
• Brilliant, vibrant, rich textiles
• Bias cuts that drape beautifully allowing the fabric to walk with you.
Romance, I channel my inner romantic side for this collection to convey how the wearer can have a fashion fantasy come to life. My fashion fantasy is remoteness from everyday life. Dressing for the moment, not the occasion. Letting your fashion guard down and expressing creative individuality while allowing the imagination to be from any type of inhibitions one may have. My clients are confident, independent women who are free and express themselves. They illustrate how they feel through the way they dress and are not afraid to take chances with fashion forwardness.
In my collections, I utilize soft fabrics & textures that give my clients the freedom of movement that moves with the body while exuding elegance, class and grace.