Therese Marie Collection
1. How would you describe your designs to someone who has never seen them?
For those who haven’t seen my collection, I would describe it as very bold. I use fabrics that have bright colors and strong shapes that accent a woman’s body.
2. What are you most looking forward to for Paris City Fashion Week?
This will be my first time in Italy and France. I am so beyond excited. I am looking forward to showcasing my new collection on this platform. This has been a dream of mine for years. I am excited about the whole experience.
3. How can we follow your showcase for Paris City Fashion Week?
You can follow me on my social media platform. On Instagram theresemarie_collection I will upload everything. You can even see my past work and upcoming projects.
4. Is there an exact moment you have of when you knew you were meant to be a designer?
I am a self-taught designer, I later attended Iadt for fashion design and was the only new student in class who was already creating designs. I entered the graduating student fashion showcase and won for best design! At that moment I knew I was meant to be a designer.
5. What country are you based out of?
I live in the United States of America in the city of Milwaukee, Wi which is not much known for fashion at all.
6. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
The highlight of my career was actually being on the red carpet at the Stellar Award Show. I was there with my client Tiffany Coleman. She was nominated for a best female gospel rap artist. As a child, me and my sister would watch all the red carpets and I only hoped I would be there and that day became a reality.
7. What is your favorite piece that you’ve designed so far (photo’s please!), and what is so intriguing about it.
I have so many favorite pieces I have designed. One color is a staple in my collection and that is GOLD! This color looks so great on the skin and is the color of royalty. I have a gold dress design that is worn by one of my signature models. Her name is Efua Afrique. This photo really embodies what my fashion brand is. The fabric drapes beautifully and works on so many body types as well. Definitely a favorite!
8. Is there a milestone you have to determine that you’ve made your wildest dreams come true? What is it?
I would love to see my dress designs in stores across the county and that my brand Therese Marie Collection is a recognized brand. It would be so cool to see my design on the cover of Vogue or Elle my design! That would be so cool.
9. Where do you draw inspiration from?
I love colors, bold colors and prints in my collection. I have found that the most beautiful colors are in nature. This is definitely where I draw inspiration.
10. Who has been your favorite person to work with so far, and why?
Catherine Schuller is one of my favorites to work within the fashion industry. She has inspired me in such a big way. My second experience as a new designer in New York helped to connect me with some amazing people and genuinely have a heart of gold.
11. If you could give advice to a young designer just beginning their journey – what would you say?
I would tell young designers to be FEARLESS! Learn all you can and accept criticism from those ahead of you. Also to just the authentic to their brand and don’t let fear or anyone get in the way of their dreams.
12. Do you have anything you are passionate about outside of fashion?
I love singing and music. Music can move your soul and mood. I listen to music while I’m sewing and designing all the time. I even produce fashion and music events with my sisters. We have a production company called 3KTL Production.
13. What can we look forward to in 2021?
I am looking forward to my next showcase in Las Vegas. I will showcase my brand at the Fashion and Music Conference in Las Vegas Oct 21st. I will promote my new fashion collection across the country.
I wanted to give a big Thank to my sponsors for contributing to my exciting journey
to Milan and Paris Fashion week. Titus Showers Fedora Hat, Doris Brown and
Valerie Folk spirit designs handmade jewelry.